Teach others to save lives – Become a Certified an AHA Instructor!
We take great pride in our role of developing and mentoring instructors that aligned with our Training Site. The following is a brief outline of what is involved in becoming an AHA instructor.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Attend & complete an AHA course in the discipline you wish to teach (Not included in the cost)
- Fill out a New Instructor Application for approval
- Complete the AHA Instructor Essentials Course online (Keycode Included in cost)
- Purchase the Instructor Course materials needed to train students (i.e. Instructor Manual & DVD’s) for the disciplines you wish to teach (Not included in the cost) (You must bring these to the class. See below for a list of the required materials and general pricing as well where to purchase).
- Attend a 4 hour in classroom portion after completing the online portion (Included in the cost)
- Monitor one of our training sessions with our students (Included in the cost)
- Be monitor teaching your own students that you have scheduled (Included in the cost)
- Read & Sign Alignment Agreement (First year’s Annual Alignment fee is included in cost)
- Cost: $305 per New Instructor Candidate
- Length: 2.5 hours online / 4 hours in classroom / 4-8 hours monitoring
After the instructor course is complete:
- You will be required to teach at least 4 classes in every two-year period from date of Instructor Course Completion and be monitored teaching a class once every two years. You must also attend an update class when AHA guidelines change.
- Once certified as an instructor, you will be responsible for purchasing or renting the appropriate equipment for any classes you teach. There is additional information regarding equipment needs below.
- We only offer E-cards that get issued to all students after completion of any AHA course. Instructors can purchase these from our website for $7 per E-card. Instructors can keep a small stock of E-cards in their inventory to make the issuing process easier.
The AHA offers TWO Instructor Programs (You can choose which one you would like to teach). Course materials are listed below for each type of instructor –
Heartsaver Instructors Only – Can teach the general public (i.e. CNA’s, Personal Trainers, Girls Scouts Troops & Leaders, Daycare Personnel and Senior Service Providers as well as those who want the training for personal knowledge).
- Heartsaver Instructors are required to have the following Manual/Workbooks & DVD set for each discipline you wish to teach:
BLS / Heartsaver Instructors – Can teach both the BLS & Heartsaver Courses. BLS is for all Healthcare Personnel and the Heartsaver Courses are for Non-Healthcare plus the general public (i.e. CNA’s, Personal Trainers, Girls Scouts Troops & Leaders, Daycare Personnel and Senior Service Providers as well as those who want the training for personal knowledge).
- BLS Instructors are required to have the following Manual / Workbooks & DVD set for each discipline you wish to teach:
- (1) Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Package – Item:15-1012 – $110
- (1) Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED DVD Set – Item:15-1019 – $165 (prices may vary)
- Student Workbooks for each person you teach –
ALL INSTRUCTOR ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH ALL AHA & ADVANCED CPR TRAINING GUIDELINES & POLICIES.
Additional Equipment needed to teach CPR & First Aid Course
Adult Manikin w/Decontamination Products – (1) per 3 students
Infant Manikin w/Decontamination Products – (1) per 3 students
Disposable Barrier Devices – (1) per student
Stop Watch – (1) per class
AED Trainer – (1) per class
Epi Pen Trainer – (1) per class
Pair of Non-Latex Gloves – (1) per First Aid Student
Gauze Pads & Rolls – (1 set) per First Aid Student
Completion Card – (1) per student
Distributors of CPR Materials / Equipment
We’re looking forward to working with you!